Non Mydriatic Camera
Canon CR-2 plus
The Canon CR-2 PLUS Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera provides Color and Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) imaging within a small compact design. Geographic Atrophy, Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy and other conditions that can affect vision may also be identified and monitored using FAF mode. Using invisible infrared alignment light, the digital non-mydriatic camera may image patients with pupils as small as 3.3 mm (small pupil mode) without dilation drops. This is especially useful when performing retinal screenings or expediting routine retinal imaging exams during office visits.
- Non-Mydriatic Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) Photography
- Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) helps monitor macular waste (e.g. lipofuscin) which can accumulate in the Retinal Pigment Epithelial (RPE) layer. The accumulation of macular waste can cause conditions such as Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) which can lead to reduced vision. The FAF mode may be selected by pressing only one button.
- Digital Filter Processing
- Red-Free and Cobalt digital filters are included and provide enhanced screening exams. Red-Free is used for evaluating the Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer (RNFL) and vascular structure of the retina associated with documenting Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy or Hypertension. The Cobalt filter is also used for evaluating the RNFL, as well as Optic Disc and Optic Disc Drusen. Additionally, Green (Vascular view) and Red channel (Choroid view) digital filter views are also included.
- Compact and Lightweight
- The small design of the CR-2 PLUS facilitates portability when needed using an optional hard shell transport case sold separately. Canon instrument tables (sold separately) may comfortably fit both the camera and computer workstation (sold separately). The space saving design also allows for use in limited office space environments.
- Dedicated EOS Camera Technology
- High quality diagnostic images are obtained using a dedicated camera for the CR-2 PLUS which incorporates a large, high-definition CMOS sensor with 18 megapixels. When the camera cover is removed, the LCD may be adjusted to a variety of titled angles to suit the user's point of view.
- Low Flash Intensity and ISO Sensitivity
- The low flash intensity of the CR-2 PLUS minimizes miosis, thus shortening the time required for taking multiple view exams or stereo images. The reduced brightness improves patient comfort and reduces the "ghost" image the patient sees after an exposure. A wide range of low ISO speeds are supported including ISO 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 and 6400.
- Automatic Exposure Function
- The CR-2 PLUS measures the volume of infrared light from the retina and automatically adjusts the flash intensity for observation and photography. This feature may be set to ON/OFF and can be adjusted using the operation panel.
The simplified design of the control panel can be easily handled by an examiner. The one-handed joystick may be used to position the camera to acquire the desired image. In darkly lit rooms, the operation panel illuminates for easier navigation. The short main body of the CR-2 PLUS provides minimal distance between the patient and the operator allowing easy access to adjust the patient's position or eyelids.
Retinal Imaging Control Software
Using the Canon Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS), images can be captured, viewed, processed, printed and saved to a permanent storage database. The Canon RICS complies with the DICOM®* Standard. Images may be stored as DICOM or JPEG files.
*DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturer Association for its standard publications relating to digital communications of medical information.
External Eye Fixation Lamp Unit
Hard-shell Carrying Case
Chin Rest Paper (500 sheets)
Type of Photography Color, Digital Red-Free, Digital Cobalt, Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF)
Angle of View 45° (35° SP Mode)
Magnification 2X Digital
Minimal Pupil Size 4.0 mm (3.3 mm SP Mode)
Focus Adjustment Type Split-line Adjustment
Patient Diopter Compensation Range Without Compensation Lens: -10 to +15D
With "-" Compensation Lens: -31D to -7D
With "+" Compensation Lens: +11D to +33D
Light Source Observation: Infrared
Photography: Xenon tube
Canthus Mark 420 mm From Base
Internal Eye Fixation LED Dot Matrix
External Eye Fixation White LED (Sold Separately)
Working Distance 35 mm
Working Distance Adjustment Anterior Observation: Double Image Match Method
Fundus Observation: Working Distance Dots
Sensor Resolution 18.0 Megapixels
Camera Dedicated EOS Camera for CR-2 PLUS (Bundled)
Monitor 3.0 inch LCD Monitor
External Monitor (Optional)
Auto Function Automatic Exposure
Mount Movement Front and Back 70 mm
Side to Side 100 mm
Up and Down 30 mm
Chin Rest Movement 60 mm
Electrical and Environmental
PC Interface USB 1.1, USB 2.0
Power Supply AC 100-240V 50/60Hz
Operating Environment Temperature: 50° to 86° Fahrenheit (10° to 35° Celcius)
Humidity: 30% RH to 90% RH (No Condensation)
Atmospheric Pressure: 800 hPa to 1060hPa
Dimensions (W x D x H) 12 x 19.7 x 20.2 inches
(305 x 500 x 513 mm)
Weight 43.9 lbs (19.9 kg)
Extremely compact Non Mydriatic retinal camera with 45° field angle. Uses a customised digital camera,- based on Canon’s famous EOS technology, with special image processing for ophthalmic imaging; including innovative digital Red-free and cobalt photography. White LED’s in stead of a flash tube lamp for extremely soft flash and long life time.
- 45° Non Mydriatic Retinal camera
- 2X zoom
- Low flash mode
- High quality retinal imaging
- EOS camera technology
- Digital Red-Free and Cobalt images
- Auto Exposure
- Stereo Photography
- Anterior photography mode
- Full LED technology
- Ergonomic and compact design
- Open connectivity and DICOM compliant
New generation of Mydriatic Retinal cameras , extremely compact and light weight. High quality imaging with ultra low flash intensity
45° Non Mydriatic Retinal Camera
With the CR-2 you can obtain high quality and high resolution diagnostic images in a very easy way. A minimum pupil diameter of ø 4.0 mm (only ø 3.3 mm in Small Pupil mode) is required.
2X digital zoom
Besides the true 45 degree image , a 2 x digital magnification provides a magnified image of the retina for viewing the details of the area of interest.
High quality retinal imaging
Canon’s expertise in the field of imaging technology and optics has resulted in the CR-2 exceptional digital retinal imaging capabilities Combined with a dedicated Cameral , based on EOS camera technology, the high resolution images can help the detection and monitoring of ocular conditions such as diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
EOS camera technology
Canon’s own EOS camera technology, with its renowned image processing capabilities, is adapted exclusively to create an unique digital camera dedicated to retinal imaging. With its dedicated firmware and 15.1 MegaPixel it handles all these functions:
• Infrared observation
• Colour fundus photography
• Digital red-free and cobalt fundus photography
Digital Red-Free and Cobalt images
Canon’s expertise in image processing and digital cameras has resulted in innovative digital Red free and Cobalt photography as standard feature in the CR-2. The quality of these images is very much comparable to those obtained with optical filters
Low flash mode
Ultra low Flash Intensity for more patient comfort and faster examinations.
The soft LED flash in combination with the customized digital camera only require a very low flash intensity .It makes it possible to make faster examinations since the pupil almost does not shrink after the flash. So it will be possible to re- take photo’s or to take photos of both eyes in rapid sequence almost immediately. Especially beneficial when photographing elderly persons, who take long time to dilate again. Low flash is extremely useful while performing stereo photography. Low flash will allow to take 2 images for the stereo pair in rapid succession. The patient can easily remain fixed on the target. And importantly the patients’ discomfort will be reduced ; your patients will appreciate the standard low flash mode of the CR-2.
Depending on the reflection on the retina the intensity of the flash and observation light will be set automatically for every examination. Of course there is also a manual mode that always allows you full control of the CR-2
The CR-2 has a software guided stereo photography mode for creating stereo pairs very easily. The display on the digital camera will indicate exactly how to align the CR-2 to create a stereo pair. Furthermore the Canon control software has extensive possibilities for storing and viewing stereo pairs
Anterior photography mode This new mode using an additional compensator lens now makes anterior segment fundus photography a quick and easy procedure.
The latest in LED technology, coupled with the high sensitivity of the digital camera sensor, delivers greater patient comfort. Furthermore the CR-2 is equipped with infra red LEDs for the observation light. White LEDs have replaced the strobe tube in the new automatic exposure flash light, reducing the chance of seeing an after image. This in turn improves reliability and negates the need to retake images due to incorrect flash exposure, leading to faster screening.
LED technology for improved reliability and extended life-time.
Ergonomic and compact design
The central control system with illuminated panel has been specifically designed for intuitive user operation in darkened room environments. The ergonomically-shaped surface assists with the alignment phases of examination. CR-2 also provides exceptional portability. The compact design allows the operator to easily keep the patient’s eye open with one hand.
Enhanced overview provides an excellent view of the patient’s eye. The Multifunctional joystick makes changeover
between external eye and retinal observation mode very simple. The focus adjustment can be easily adjusted using the intuitive control dial at the base of the joystick . Only minimum effort is required for up and down adjustment of the optical head
Bundled Retinal Imaging Control Software
The CR-2 comes with Canon's Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS) for full camera control and image optimization The software has extensive diagnostic tools for optimized workflow and patient management. e.g. Cup/Disc ratio calculation, compare studies, RGB channel display, stereo viewing.
Open connectivity and DICOM compliant
The CR-2 with RICS has extensive network capabilities and is fully DICOM compliant.